Monday, November 1, 2010

"I am"

"I started wondering whether we could actually change the world.  I mean, of course we could - we could change our buying habits, elect socially conscious representatives and that sort of thing, but I honestly don't believe we will be solving the greater human conflict with our efforts.  The problem is not a certain type of legislation of even a certain politician; the problem is the same as it has always been.  I am the problem."
- Donald Miller

Too harsh, or just a hard pill to swallow?

The only actions we can actually change are our own...when we point at something we don't like or agree with, or things we identify as wrong - what are we doing to change it...

Takes a little bit of ownership and a hell of a lot of responsibility, but maybe that's what we all need...

I am the problem.

...Now what?

No comments: