Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Best is Yet to Come

Still kind of in a haze...haven't fully grasped that I'm back at 75 Burgby yet and heading to good 'ol 22 E...


I want to say the warmest, biggest, most grateful THANK-YOU to all of you...knowing your thoughts were with me while I was away this whole trip actually carried me through...not only those of you that messaged me while I was trekking home this week (which I only had time to read quickly in Athens before leaving to Bahrain and then Mumbai where I almost didn't make it home...), even though those messages gave me strength during some pretty draining times..but also for everyone all throughout.  Yes, I was alone on most of this journey...but your words and support were worth more than gold to a young girl gallivanting around the globe...


I am still processing everything; indeed the 4-day journey home was meant for that, but most of the time I spent coming home was spent in states of mellowed out exhaustion - emotionally and physically, and in complete faith at many, many points.  There were many prayers for the future wrapped up amongst prayers for actually landing back in Canada at some point...but mostly I am just now starting to wake up to the awesomeness of it all...it hits me every once and a while, and the details and craziness of the entire trip actually fill me with awe...it's been amazing!


The other morning I began to flip back through my journal (a giant pile of incoherent words and thoughts and prayers scribbled with random dates...pretty hard to decipher...), and I began to highlight the dates so I could track some of my thought paths, prayers, and events...and the way everything mapped out from such a mess of chaos and confusion in that journal is truly incredible and I am brought to tears just thinking of how incredibly blessed I've been.


Never underestimated volume of your words...every muttering is heard...you just HAVE to trust that He who hear's them actually LISTENS, and longs for you to give him your desires...it's something I've had to learn (and still am all the time); feeling inadequate or out of line when asking for open doors and blessings I don't deserve...but we have to get it through our heads that we are CALLED to seek blessing, so long as we are able to just offer them up completely...it's pretty insane, but absolutely beautiful...


For those interested...Psalm 37:3-7, Romans 5-11, 8:26-30, Eph 3:20, Phil 4:6, John 14:12-14, Matt 11:8-13


and remember...he has identified you as his own...


As Mike pointed out at softball (baha!! yes Kim, turned out I WAS taking notes afterall...;) ).... He who made us delights in us and SINGS over us... He never had to do anything...and here he is longing for us to turn back to him, and pouring himself out when we do...(Zeph 3:17)  I can't even believe I'm typing stuff like this, this whole journey has transformed me - are you sick of my mushy talking yet??  I apologize...but not really.. ;)


What pumps me up the most is that as incredible as this random, random journey has been... this is not the end to workings in our lives... just because I'm back home doesn't mean things will stop happening... in fact it's most definitely the opposite - and my thoughts and prayers and convictions to what's ahead has made me so freaking excited to come home...


For those of you I've seen already - thank-you for such a wicked, homey welcome back..and for those of you I'm yet to see - gah!  I can't wait...


The End??


...I think not...

No comments: